Thursday 18 August 2011

Going to the Zoo


Bit of an unusual post for me this evening. In preparation for going to this 'zoo' (it's more like a small animal park, no lions or tigers or bears, oh my) weekend because the sunshine has finally come to Luxembourg this summer, I like to be a bit of a drawing nerd and research animal anatomy and do artist studies as a starting point and get myself into the mind frame for drawing. I know that there will be parrots at the zoo this weekend, so after reading Mike Mattesi's new FORCE book on animals drawing, I did some sketches and also tried doing character sketches like the ones above. Ill scan in my other with my results from Saturday's session.

5 comments:

  1. Thats funny! I had the same idea. Looks like there may be a few parrots on the AIB jumble!.. unless there are other birds there. These parrots are very nice! I have high expectations of your parrots tomorrow now. Looking forward to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever girl! I always end up going to the zoo and thinking, "I Wish I'd researched beforehand!"
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sketches!
    I love birds and these are nice birds!

    b!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice sketches and colors. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! Checked out your portfolio and you have a fabulous line-up. Really like the tiki guy and your kid designs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.