Tuesday 15 January 2013

News!

Hello Blogger World! I have missed you! No, really I have. I feel like since the wind down of CTNX I've fallen off the radar and lost touch with all of you! So please keep in touch all old and new friends! 

Apologies for the lack of artwork on here recently. After CTNX finished I had a lot of Christmas things to sort out. 

GOOD NEWS! 

I have a new job as a Freelance Illustrator at Mind Candy, here in London.


If you're not familiar with their work...you will be. Now that I've mentioned it, you will slowly see it everywhere you turn! They are responsible for the Moshi Monsters movement going on amongst children all over the world aged 6-11. I will be developing the characters' poses so that they are more dynamic and expressive.

It's a very cool place to work and I can't wait to show you some of the work. 

But do check out these wonderful illustrators who also work there:


LIFE DRAWING

One of the great perks of my new job is that they have life drawing on site. So I have no excuse not to go. These sketches were from the first session I attended just before Christmas. 

Always hate the first class back, when you realise what skills you've let slip. 

More apologies for the poor quality of the photographs too...


And finally...

This weekend sees another official Sketchcrawl . I forget which one it's on...the 36th or something. I'll be sure to post some of my sketches from that, so I promise there will be another post within a week! 

Anyone in London or nearby, please feel free to come join us on the sketchcrawl. Here's a link to the event page:


And finally finally....

I got a cat :)

Oscar.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new gig, sounds like fun and the life drawing perk is a must! I tell myself to go to workshops, but I'm just too busy with other art stuff, so I never do. So I hope you take full advantage of it though. It seems like the post Thanksgiving season is always slow anywhere you look. I myself was at CTN only for one day doing recruitment. I really wish I could have had more time to meet people like yourself in person whom I've only know through the internet, but I was mostly in the interview rooms. Oh, well. At least we got the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry, your life drawings are looking awesome, love the expressiveness. I found it interesting being back at LD last night how I've changed subconsciously in my approach, jus from studying other artists and looking at different things, and not being so heavy on the sketching. Can be good and bad :P

    Congrats on the job and the cat, he looks wise haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gill!

    Thanks for the mention:)

    Awesome work!!

    Matt
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The on-site figure drawing and art classes were one of my favorite things about being at a studio. Congratulations on your new job! Thrive, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving your drawing, great work going on. =]

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.